Event Planning Process
Planning a meeting is time-consuming, hard work.
That’s why so many organizations look to Covington’s professional meeting and event planners. We help share the load, provide an objective set of eyes and offer much-needed backup. Perhaps most important, we’ve spent decades honing our skills, creativity and process. We know what resonates with attendees—and what doesn’t. Put our practical, responsive experience to work planning your perfect meeting.
Our event management professionals follow a clearly defined process to ensure streamlined planning and flawless execution, always complemented by our superior personal service:
- Consulting and Scoping—A successful event, meeting or travel incentive program starts with well-defined goals. Our meeting and event planners will help you identify achievable, quantifiable goals, a compelling theme, and the tactics and budget needs for achieving your objectives.
- Site Selection—With an incredible breadth of site knowledge, your Covington event planner can help you pinpoint the ideal location and venue for your event. We provide destination research, field vendor proposals, compare costs and negotiate contracts on your behalf.
- Negotiations—Our reputation in the industry guarantees a strong bottom line and powerful return on your investment. You’ll enjoy volume discounts offered through our partners for travel, food and beverage, lodging, activity, and entertainment.
- Planning Details—Throughout the process, our event planning professionals help you make decisions and address the thousands of tiny details that will contribute to your event’s success—always tracking the budget and keeping your overall goals in mind. We’ll handle:
- Travel arrangements
- Menu planning and special dietary needs
- Rooming lists
- Special events for VIPs
- Emergency response procedures
- And anything else that requires attention
- Marketing and Registration—Our online technology makes it easy to post and manage an effective event website with online registration and payment processing. Up-to-date reports ensure that you always know who’s attending.
- Your Meeting—Once the meeting is underway, we’ll handle room setups, multi-media equipment, speaker needs, attendee gifts and more, so you can focus on higher-level tasks and network with key attendees.
- After the Event—We’ll provide final bill reconciliation and reporting, as well as attendee surveys, so you can see how your investment performed.
Call our Professional Planners at 804-747-4197 or please complete the short form below so we can better assist you.