Are you a cruiser who prefers the intimacy of a small ship over a mega ship that carries 4,000 passengers? Do you want the exclusive experience of an elegant suite, 24-hour butler service and private dining? Now you can get that intimate small ship feel on some of the largest ships afloat with a novel concept called The Haven by Norwegian.
What is The Haven by Norwegian?
The Haven is a private ship-within-a-ship luxury suite complex that Norwegian Cruise Line has created on the Norwegian Epic and their Jewel class ships (Norwegian Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem). Norwegian’s two new Project Breakaway ships (Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway) that are scheduled for delivery in May 2013 and January 2014 will also have the exclusive enclave.
The Haven is a private access all suite area on the top of the ships, accessible only by a platinum keycard. Spacious suites and villas surround a secluded courtyard that has quiet places to dine, drink and relax. A private pool and sundeck, fitness area and hot tub are available only to Haven residents. Personal service includes a 24-hour butler, certified by the International Institute of Modern Butlers, poolside valets and a dedicated Haven concierge to attend to guests’ every need or whim. White tablecloth in-suite dining is available to all Haven suites, as well as an exclusive Haven dining room on the Epic and Breakaway ships.
Susan Morris Morrow, Leisure Operations Manager at Covington Travel, recently sailed on the Norwegian Epic and said, “The only time I thought, ‘This is a really big ship.’ was standing on the pier looking at this huge vessel. The Haven provides the intimacy and high-level service of a small ship, but in general the overall layout of the ship and the smooth handling of passenger arrival and departure masks the size of the ship.”
The Haven by Norwegian offers several categories of suites and villas, each with distinctive features.
- The Spa Suites, (332 square feet) available on the Epic and the new Breakaway ships, feature a round queen-size bed, balcony, in-room hot tub and complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites of the nearby Mandarin Spa.
- Up to five people can comfortably stay in a large Owner’s Suite (up to 875 square feet) that has a separate living room with dining area and sweeping views from a wall of windows and a large balcony.
- The Deluxe Owner’s Suite has similar features but is even more spacious (up to 1,382 square feet), sleeping up to six, some suites with a second bedroom. Luxury marble baths, pillow top mattresses and a chic design let you live in luxury.
- The Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse with Balcony vary in their elegant design (up to 440 square feet). Some are romantic hideaways for two with a large round bed and a wall of windows overlooking the sea, while others sleep three and have a dining area and balcony.
- The 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony gives a family of up to six both privacy and togetherness (up to 572 square feet) with a master bedroom, a kid’s bedroom, two bathrooms and a living area with glass doors to the balcony.
- One of the largest suites at sea (up to 5,750 square feet!) is the 3-Bedroom Garden Villa on the Jewel class ships. Up to eight people can appreciate gracious living with secluded spaciousness, outdoor terraces and panoramic views. Private limousine service from the pier to the airport at the end of the cruise is complimentary.
Exclusive Benefits of The Haven by Norwegian
Beyond the elegant accommodations and exclusive courtyard, Haven guests receive elite benefits.
- Priority embarkation and disembarkation
- A personal escort to the suite
- Post-cruise limousine service for Garden Villa residents
- Priority boarding of tenders to shore
- In-suite espresso/cappuccino machines and gourmet treats delivered each evening
- Bliss Collection by Norwegian pillow-top mattress; fine linens, feather duvet and pillow menu; along with plush bathrobes, slippers, oversized towels; and much more
Of course, you don’t have to forfeit the vast array of large ship activities and amenities either. If you decide to venture out of the fabulous cocoon of The Haven, all of the entertainment, restaurants and activities of the larger ship are available too. The Haven by Norwegian is like having the best of two cruise ships rolled into one vacation! If the privacy and luxury of The Haven by Norwegian sounds like your cruising style, contact the Covington Travel cruise specialists to choose a ship and destination for your next cruise.
Covington Travel is pleased to recognize Norwegian Cruise Line as a valued partner and sponsor of this post.