Luxury Travel Escapes
As luxury travel continues to expand, new top travel trends are emerging along with exciting new destinations. The biggest trends for 2018 are Multi-Generational, Adventure, River Cruising, Food and Wine Travel and Celebration Travel.
Whether your travel dreams take you on an Australian adventure with a stay along the Great Barrier Reef; a culinary trip to Italy with insider tours of family farms and vineyards; or an all-inclusive luxury cruise to the Mediterranean, Alaska or the Caribbean, we can design personalized vacations around your individual preferences. Whether it is a simple weekend getaway or a complex itinerary, our dedicated travel advisors are delighted to work with you.
Being our client, also makes you part of our global community of preferred hotels, tour operators, luxury cruise lines and world-class airlines along with exclusive VIP perks, upgrades and access. You’ll also enjoy the most advantageous pricing, upgrades and amenities, such as special meals, extra nights, free airfare, unlimited shore excursions as well as generous hotel and shipboard credits for your luxury escape.
Virtuoso Experts Reveal 2018 Hot Travel Destinations
When it comes to travel hot spots, consumers are growing more interested in destination immersion and unexpected experiences. The 2018 Luxe Report forecasts that next year luxury travelers will be seeking adventures in less explored areas and craving customized local experiences.
Here are the Top Emerging Destinations:
While dream vacations have traditionally been set in sun-soaked, waterfront destinations, the uncharted territory of chillier climes like Iceland, Antarctica and the Arctic will become increasingly enticing for the world’s wealthiest travelers. The celestial spectacle of the Northern Lights will also become increasingly popular, as will stays in frozen and igloo hotels.
Five must-take trips for 2018, according to Virtuoso advisors:
1. Cold is Hot. Seasoned travelers in search of fresh destinations are setting their sights on chillier climes. Iceland continues to surge in popularity. Cruisers are enthusiastic about Alaska, and adventurers about Antarctica and the Arctic. One trip of a lifetime mentioned is seeing the Northern Lights.
2. Push Beyond Your Comfort Zone. Exploring new destinations is the year’s top trip motivator, and travelers are embracing the opportunity to push beyond their comfort zone. Travel advisors suggest that people challenge themselves to try something unexpected during their sojourn: swim with marine life like dolphins or mantas, go zip-lining or ballooning, or take a helicopter tour.
3. Connecting with family through travel. After topping the list of trends since 2010, multigenerational travel has firmly established itself as a travel niche, followed close behind by travel with immediate family, also a consistent trend that will carry forward in 2018. Whether renting a European villa for a celebration with loved ones, cruising to the Galapagos Islands, or snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef, a family trip creates lifelong memories, strengthens bonds, and plays a pivotal role in childhood education.
4. Experience Africa. From culturally rich South Africa, also 2018’s top adventure destination, to the wilds of Botswana and Kenya, to the souks of Morocco, Africa is one of the world’s most diverse continents. From most travelers safari is an integral part of the African experience, particularly with wildlife preservation a priority for today’s sustainably savvy travelers.
5. Be a traveler rather than a tourist. Immersive experiences not found in a guidebook or brochure, opportunities to meet locals, wandering neighborhoods and making spontaneous discoveries are the best ways to experience a destination. Whether it is wine tasting, or learning a traditional craft or a new language, travelers will be seeking out the true culture of that area they are visiting.
For new destination ideas, contact Covington’s travel experts or browse some of our travel resources:
If you’d like to be connected with a Vacation Advisor, please call us at 804-747-7077 or click below to plan your next journey.