If you could go anywhere, where would it be? Where are those who can go anywhere going? What are the hot destinations for luxury travelers, cruise-lovers, foodies or families? What is your travel personality?
The results of the eighth annual Virtuoso Life Travel Dreams Survey highlight the latest trends in luxury travel, along with the travel styles and travel dreams of upscale travelers. Nearly 9,000 clients of Virtuoso travel advisors, including clients of Covington Travel, participated in the survey. The research revealed favorite destinations, most in demand cruise styles and dream experiences of a lifetime. How do your travel dreams compare to these upscale travel trends?
Luxury Travel Wish Lists
The survey revealed these top Travel Dreams:
- Trip of a Lifetime: Taking a world cruise
- Dream Destination: Australia
- Dream Island: Hawaii
- Foodie Favorite: Paris
- City To Explore: Paris
- Cruise Destination: European river/canal
- Romantic Destination: Paris in April
- Family Destination: Hawaiian Islands
Click here to see a slideshow of the top five choices in each category.
What’s your travel personality?
The Travel Dreams Survey also found that many upscale travelers fall into five personality types. Do any of these sound like you?
The Go-Getter (24% of respondents)
- Go-Getters are active, adventurous and want to see and do it all on their vacations.
- Dream vacations: Traveling the Trans-Siberian Railway, cruising the Amazon, zip-lining with the kids in Costa Rica and biking with the family through Tuscany.
The Connoisseur (21%)
- The Connoisseur likes the best of everything, and indulges interests and passions while traveling.
- Dream vacations: Exploring Saint Petersburg, French wine-country cruises, taking the kids to the Swiss Alps in the summer, family pasta-making lessons in Italy and dinner dates in Paris’ five-star restaurants.
The Classic Traveler (20%)
- Classic Travelers are loyal to the places they love and will return multiple times to their favorite destinations.
- Dream vacations: Taking over a French villa with their family, going on a world cruise or riding the Orient Express.
The Relaxationist (18%)
- The Relaxationist travels to get away from it all to restore and rejuvenate.
- Dream vacations: Lounging on a beach in Tahiti, staying in a Paris apartment and relaxing in the Maldives or the French Riviera.
The Trendsetter (17%)
- The Trendsetter is all about what’s new and next and is an early adopter of emerging destinations.
- Dream vacations: going on safari in Namibia, heading to space with Virgin Galactic, river cruising in Myanmar and wine tasting in Chile.
Let Covington Travel help you bring your dreams to life! View a complimentary digital copy of the award-winning Virtuoso Traveler magazine that offers an engaging mix of special travel opportunities, insiders’ tips, and expert advice and then contact our experienced travel advisors about your upscale vacation possibilities!