If you belong to a hotel frequent guest program, youâ€™re likely receiving lots of â€śbook directâ€ť messages from them. Hotel chains encourage travelers to bypass their companyâ€™s preferred booking channel â€“ usually a travel management company like Covington â€“ and instead book directly through the hotel chainâ€™s website. They claim that booking direct will give you access to rates and amenities that you canâ€™t get anywhere else. But do those claims tell the entire story? No, they donâ€™t! Here are some reasons to book your hotels with Covington:
- Access More Hotel Content and Rates â€“ Covington books all leading hotel chains â€“ including those â€śbook directâ€ť rates â€“ as well as thousands of independent hotels around the world. With Covington, you get access to more hotel content and a greater range of pricing options than when booking directly with a hotel chain.
- Consolidate Your Travel Itinerary â€“ We combine all your travel information into a single, convenient itinerary. As an added benefit, that itinerary clearly spells out the hotel cancellation policy, so you can avoid unnecessary â€śno-show charges.â€ť Further, we enter your frequent guest membership number into every reservation we book for you, ensuring you receive your points.
- Make Changes Easily â€“ When your travel plans change, a single call to Covington handles all travel elements of your trip. If your flights are canceled for any reason, you can trust that Covington automatically cancels any associated hotel bookings. You donâ€™t have to contact each travel provider separately.
- Support Your Preferred Suppliers â€“ Organizations try to lower expenses by negotiating preferred supplier programs, which often includes specially negotiated hotel rates at preferred properties. Often, you benefit from special amenities or services included in those rates. In most cases, those preferred rates arenâ€™t available on a hotel chainâ€™s website, but they are through Covington.
- Support Your Travel Policy and Ensure â€śDuty of Careâ€ť â€“ Companies want their travelers to be safe and secure when they are on the road, a concept known as â€śDuty of Care.â€ť That is why companies have travel policies recommending their travelers book through approved channels. During a crisis or travel disruption, a company can better locate and assist travelers when their bookings have been made through a single source. Covington has invested significant resources so that we can report on any travelers who might potentially be in harmâ€™s way and provide the necessary assistance to bring them home safely.
- Save Time and Money â€“ You can book your entire business trip, including hotels, with Covington by phone, email, or even book it yourself using our online booking tool. No matter which method you choose, itâ€™s much more efficient to use Covington than booking your business trip across multiple websites. And the best part? Covington doesnâ€™t charge you any additional fees for adding a hotel as part of your next business trip!
We look forward to working with you and supporting your hotel bookings as part of the comprehensive travel management program we provide your company. So, the next time you need to book a trip, give Covington a call and â€śLet Us Take You There.â€ť
You may also be interested in Safe To Goâ„˘ for Business Travelers, a mobile application to access complete itinerary, flight updates and travel alerts in real time.