If you like to upgrade travel to an art, Covington Travel provides you with the most memorable, exclusive experiences. As a proud member of Virtuoso®, an invitation only, international network of the best in the travel industry, Covington offers a variety of luxury travel opportunities not available to the general public.
Whether your travel dreams take you on an Australian adventure with a stay along the Great Barrier Reef; a culinary trip to Italy with insider tours of family farms and vineyards; or an all-inclusive luxury cruise to Istanbul to Dubai or Western Caribbean, we can design personalized vacations around your individual preferences. Whether it is a simple weekend getaway or a complex itinerary, our dedicated travel advisors are delighted to work with you.
Being our client, also makes you part of our global community of preferred hotels, tour operators, luxury cruise lines and world-class airlines along with exclusive VIP perks, upgrades and access. You’ll also enjoy the most advantageous pricing, upgrades and amenities, such as special meals, extra nights, free airfare, unlimited shore excursions as well as generous hotel and shipboard credits for your luxury escape.
Top Travel Dream Destinations
Virtuoso’s Travel Dreams survey revealed the top ten Luxury Dream Destinations where you long to unpack your bags, dip your toes, and point your cameras!
1. AUSTRALIA – Stunning beaches, diverse wildlife, and culture-rich cities: Australia tops the list for the seventh consecutive year. Head Down Under with Artisans of Leisure for an array of tours geared toward families, adventurers, and romantics alike.
2. ITALY – Guests celebrate ancient ruins, the beautiful Tuscan countryside, and vineyards stretching
as far as the eye can see. Set your sights on major Italian icons from Venice to Rome with G Adventures.
3. FIJI – Islands on the move: This South Pacific chain jumped five spots since last year’s survey. The warm, genuine smiles are one of the main reasons, and you’ll see plenty on a Polynesian adventure with Zegrahm Expeditions.
4. GREECE – Thanks to a favorable exchange rate, Greece is an even more popular travel destination,
for its islands, beaches, and ancient sites. Experience them all while staying at Mystique on Santorini, thought by many to be the lost Atlantis.
5. NEW ZEALAND – Introductions to indigenous culture and indescribable beauty are just two reasons to kick back in New Zealand. Waterfront cafés in charming Akaroa serve some of the South Island’s freshest seafood; stay at Annandale, a nearby working farm.
6. MALDIVES – This archipelago makes our list for the first time, thanks in part to its deserted-island appeal, excellent marine life, and secluded, over-the-top resorts such as Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
featuring stunning views of the Indian Ocean.
7. IRELAND – While many travel to the Emerald Isle to discover their roots, everyone is welcomed like
family in its friendly pubs. Throw back a pint or three on an Ireland discovery tour with Travcoa.
8. SOUTH AFRICA – Pair a safari with an urban vacation in Cape Town. A South African adventure from Micato Safaris combines famed Kruger National Park with a stay in the Cape Winelands for luxury lodging and luscious libations.
9. FRENCH POLYNESIA – A favorite for honeymooners, this South Pacific locale also lures
adventurers with its mountainous landscape and great diving. Romance, recreation, and relaxation are all in store at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa.
10. ANTARCTICA – Travel to the chilly continent is heating up: A record 46,000 visitors were
expected to set foot on Antarctica in 2016. Blue Parallel offers an ultra-cool, private adventure to “The Ice” for exploring a landscape found nowhere else on earth.
For new destination ideas, please browse some of our travel resources:
If you’d like to be connected with a Vacation Advisor, please call us at 804-747-7077 or click below to plan your next journey.