More About Karen Kilyk – Vacation Travel Advisor
- Tauck Certified Specialist
- Accredited Cruise Counselor (ACC)
- Virtuoso Specialist
- Australia Specialist
- Spain Specialist
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- South America
- Tauck Touring and Cruising
- African Safaris
- River and Ocean Cruises
- Small Ship Luxury
- Escorted and Independent Tours
- Private Jet Touring
- New Zealand
- South America
- Faith-Based Travel
My Travel Highlights
I’m a passionate traveler and specialty travel designer. Inspired from childhood by globetrotting family members, I love to explore and incorporate everything I see and learn into my guest’s experiences.
With 26 years in the travel business, I’ve visited over thirty countries. That includes journeying close to home in the Caribbean and U.S., many European countries as well as to far-reaching destinations such as Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Costa Rica, Istanbul, the Maldives, Egypt and more.
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is the little extras. This is what I strive to deliver with every itinerary as I listen to and collaborate with my guests to develop a special trip and a lifetime travel plan.“
As a member of Virtuoso, a by-invitation-only luxury travel network, I have access to the best suppliers and hoteliers, servicing all aspects of travel around the world. It is so rewarding when everything comes together to make unique and special memories!
Here are my favorite adventures:
- Swimming with sea turtles in the Maldives
- Hot air ballooning over the Masai Mara in Kenya
- Sleeping under the stars in the Kalahari Desert
- Scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef at Lizard Island
- Galloping across the Atacama Desert in Chile
- Wine tasting in California, Spain, Australia, South America and beyond
- Sitting amongst a herd of elephants in the Okavango Delta
- Ziplining in Costa Rica
- Hiking in Scotland’s Cairngorms National Forest
- Bungy jumping and Zorbing in New Zealand
- Cruising the Norwegian Fjords
- Walking amongst the penguins near Cape Horn
- River Cruising along the Seine to Normandy
- Wandering along Europe’s cobbled streets
- Dining on amazing cuisine from Spain to the Outback
During my Botswana safari, I learned that the region is politically stable and one of the most prosperous countries in Africa. It’s also one of the largest conservation areas in the world and is known to safari connoisseurs as a remote and pristine wilderness with well-managed wildlife reserves. The unique Okavango Delta is a wondrous wetland in the middle of a desert. In Botswana, I inspected five safari camps and I can recommend a perfect combination of secluded yet sophisticated lodging, expertly guided game viewing activities, and highly personalized service. I’d love to share more about my safari adventure, along with several great tips to help you plan your safari!
My Egypt Adventure
My journey with Big Five to Egypt was also truly a wonder! I visited Cairo, the Pyramids, the Sphinx, and the ancient temples of Isis, Edfu, and Karnak. Our trip along the Nile took me back to ancient times and the visits to the old markets were fascinating. The people were welcoming and requested I encourage others to come and experience their hospitality. I look forward to going back one day.
I have earned my Tauck Certification, joining less than 1% of Tauck’s worldwide network of travel agents who have successfully completed the program. Tauck is a 90-year-old leader in premium-quality guided travel, with over 120 land journeys and cruises to more than 70 countries and all seven continents.
As a Tauck Certified Agent, I can apply this specialized knowledge and expertise when planning trips for my clients.
Travel is my passion and I would love to apply my expertise to your dream.